Skip to content ↓

Request for Exceptional Absence and School Transfer Information

Schools and academies are only able to authorise absence from school in exceptional
circumstances. In making a request for an authorised absence from KAB or KAO, you will need
to explain why the circumstances are exceptional. Please note there is no general right to
authorise absence for a family holiday and if your child is out of school without
permission the absence will be unauthorised and we may refer the matter for
consideration of legal action.

Arrangements should not be made until your request has been considered and you have
received a response from the school.


If you are planning for your child to transfer to another school, please complete the school transfer form and return to